Stone floor tiles are a stylish statement for your home or business; one that most would argue is the superior flooring choice. An expanse of stone flooring exudes sophistication, elegance and creates the illusion of space.
If an accident should occur or a crack appears, this becomes unsightly and is likely to create an ever-increasing problem area as dirt and grime can collect and ingrain. The secrets that will give every opportunity for successful restoration is to;
– Treat the floor quickly and correctly
– Seek the expertise and support of a tile fixing and restoration specialist
This will ensure there is no lasting damage to your beautiful tile flooring. Specialist products will be used individually tailored to the specific stone type. The correct treatment, protection and process are pivotal to the success and appearance of your tile repair.
Many people leave these problem areas; unknowingly there is a cost-effective solution that will fix the dilemma quickly and efficiently. Stone repairs are long-lasting and for most instances are almost invisible. Every effort is made in order to repair your stone, although it is inevitable that some stone types are more difficult to repair invisibly with slight imperfections visible in some natural light.
So what repairs can tile fixing solve?
1) Chips and scratches; every stone is individual. Stone specific fillers can be used to repair chips and scratches with great results.
2) Stains and etching marks; this involves the use of chemical repairs and buffing procedures. There may be cases where severe markings offer a specific challenge; in this case a re-polishing programme will be discussed.
3) Cracks; the cause of the crack needs to be identified to start with. This will need to be fixed and confidence gained that it is not a re-occurring problem prior to repairing the crack.
Industry accredited professionals will discuss all aspects of the restoration process in the aim of achieving the best possible finish within your allocated budget. Involvement throughout the restoration process will deliver successful results with an end product that will fulfil your expectations. Tiling and floor service experts should always ensure the provision of the right combination of appearance and functionality.
Your chosen professional should have a website with information and detail about previous work completed. They should have time-served knowledge backed by industry accreditations such as being members of the ‘Tile Association’, providing instant assurance of the high quality of work with every project undertaken. They should offer comprehensive stone restoration services including re-polishing, re-sealing, stain removal and will spend time discussing a general maintenance programme to ensure the results are long-lasting. Being equipped with the above information will allow a realistic understanding of the stone repair process and, what can be, a cost-effective and rewarding restorative investment.